I'm a Wash U undergraduate student who recently moved into my first apartment, and this blog is to document my adventures with cooking. I'm a flexitarian, which in my case means I have a mostly vegetarian diet, though occasionally I do eat poultry. So, nothing on this site will have sea food or red meat in it. I'll be posting mostly about my own cooking experiences, but also about other great food I eat in St. Louis.
Friday, February 7, 2014
Mango Salsa and Gouda Quesadilla
These were a treat! I decided to use the Mango Peach Salsa that we have at my house to make a sweet/salty quesadilla. I had a quesadilla with mango relish at a restaurant in Boston once and surprisingly liked it so I tried to recreate it a bit here. I sliced up a roasted pepper, used some shredded gouda and then added as much salsa as desired. I then cooked it using my Mom's stovetop panini press. It came out well, but I have to say I miss Hello Kitty. I ate it with some guacamole. We bought these awesome 100 cal guac packs at Costco that help moderate servings of guacamole, they're my new favorite thing. Also the tortilla I used is a special kind called Tumaro's that is only 60 calories! Tortillas are usually really high cal so this is really nice for me because I love using them as wraps. This quesadilla turned out great, I did a good job balancing the flavors and cooked it all the way through so the cheese was melty. It was nice to know that I could repeat a similar (if not easy) recipe in another kitchen with different cooking conditions.
Labels:
5 min or less,
My Cooking,
Vegetarian
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment