I'm a Wash U undergraduate student who recently moved into my first apartment, and this blog is to document my adventures with cooking. I'm a flexitarian, which in my case means I have a mostly vegetarian diet, though occasionally I do eat poultry. So, nothing on this site will have sea food or red meat in it. I'll be posting mostly about my own cooking experiences, but also about other great food I eat in St. Louis.
Friday, February 7, 2014
Pumpkin Smoothie
Since I opened a can of pumpkin for the pasta sauce I decided to use it for a healthy smoothie. I combined a banana, a bit of skim milk and some nutmeg and pumpkin spice with a hefty scoop of pumpkin. I then mixed it all together in my Mom's super fancy blender. I was really good and creamy! Some critiques are that I should have used frozen bananas to make it colder and also give it more of an ice creamy constancy. We didn't have any at my house so it wasn't an option, but if I made this again I would try and have some frozen bananas. Overall, it was a nice way to use the pumpkin and made a perfect serving size!
Labels:
Dessert,
Drinks,
My Cooking,
PUMPKIN,
Vegetarian
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment