I'm a Wash U undergraduate student who recently moved into my first apartment, and this blog is to document my adventures with cooking. I'm a flexitarian, which in my case means I have a mostly vegetarian diet, though occasionally I do eat poultry. So, nothing on this site will have sea food or red meat in it. I'll be posting mostly about my own cooking experiences, but also about other great food I eat in St. Louis.
Friday, February 7, 2014
Mediterranean Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
So I love stuffing peppers with various things, I've written about it many times before, so I'll keep this short and sweet. We had an impromptu make your own dinner a couple weeks ago because my sister was sick. My mom made some quinoa for her, so I took some and spiced it up to stuff in this pepper. I added feta, pesto, cucumbers, and sundried tomatoes to the quinoa and mixed it up. I then stuffed it in this pepper that I had taken the top off of and taken the seeds out. It was really really yummy. And was also super filling, I couldn't finish the entire thing and ended up saving part of it for lunch the next day. Still love stuffing peppers, its such a good way to make a vegetarian meal or app, and you can make it as healthy or unhealthy as you want!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment