Friday, May 16, 2014

Tim Tam Gelato


Tim Tams, oh how I love thee!!!!! Tim Tams are amazing and hopefully I will soon be doing my mega Tim Tam post about my love for these cookies. However, in the meantime I have to rave about this Tim Tam flavored Gelato that I had in Fremantle. Gelato is Italian style ice cream, it's creamier and richer than American ice cream, and it's really common in Australia, which is awesome because I love it. Another reason that this kind of ice cream is so amazing is because it is made fresh everyday with the actual ingredients of the flavor. So if it's pear gelato for example, you better believe that actually fresh pear, not just nasty "pear flavor" went into making it. What this means is was that ground up Tim Tams went into making this gelato. It was AMAZING, I was eating bliss. Liquid, creamy cookies, what could be better? You may have noticed that there are two scoops of ice cream in that cup. The Tim Tam flavor is on top, and I also got a scoop of Freo (Australian abbreviation for Fremantle… Aussies abbreviate everything) Delight. It was basically affogato flavored ice-cream with chocolate chips. For those who don't know, affogato is a scoop of vanilla gelato with a shot of warm expresso poured over it (it's amazing obviously). This flavor was really great as well, but the Tim Tam one really outshone it. This was a perfect way to end an afternoon of wandering around the shops and coffeehouses of Fremantle. And since I didn't end up getting a cup of coffee on the Famous Cappuccino Strip, I still honored it with the affogato gelato :P 

No comments:

Post a Comment