Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Chickpea Salad with Chicken Sausage


I made a variation of a chick pea salad last week. This salad is feta, chickpeas, spinach, sundried tomatoes, pesto, and greek dressing. It's easy to make and no cooking is required. I decided to eat it with the spinach fontina chicken sausages I had left in the freezer. I grilled the sausages on our mini grill, and sliced them up to mix with the salad. They went so well together! And on top of that I opened the bottle of Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc I had bought earlier in the semester. I love this region's wines, and I really developed a taste for Sav Blancs when I was abroad. The oaky sweetness of the wine went extremely well with this dish and the dish made the wine taste better as well. I was impressed that I was able to recognize that this wine would go really well with this meal and it made me happy. I've started trying to pair alcohol that I enjoy with meals that I like. It's another whole set of culinary skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment