Sunday, September 21, 2014

Pumpkin Pie Mini Cakes


So guess what!? It's autumn in the states and that means it's finally pumpkin season again!!!!!!! This means I can go wild with pumpkin flavored things and make some great pumpkin recipes. To start the season off right I made these neat pumpkin pie cakes. I used this Pinterest recipe, and basically followed it to the letter (minus the whipped cream topping), so feel free to refer to it there. The thing that was so tasty and intriguing about these cupcakes is that the inside had the spongy moist consistency of pie. And it tasted like pie too! It was really strange and i've never had anything like it before, but they were strangely addictive. I made mini ones since we only have mini cupcake tins, but I think this recipe would be better with a full size cupcake pan. Also I would put Cool Whip on top of them next time (though we did have some leftover chocolate frosting and I put that on some of them, and it was AMAZING). This was a fun and easy recipe to do, nice if you are craving cupcakes. However, I tend to like pumpkin pie better, so next time with all of these ingredients available I'd just make a pie instead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment