Monday, April 7, 2014

Aussie Lollies Take 2


This time my adventure into the Lolly Shop was a way to taste a bunch of gummy lollies. I got 10 lollies, one of each of the flavors that I wanted. I got three that were not covered in sour sugar and the rest were. The three that weren't were pineapple (below top left) and 2 different strawberry flavors (below bottom). I liked the strawberry ones each was juice and flavorful, however the pineapple one was hard and didn't taste at all like pineapple.



I also had a Strawberry star (above top right). It was decent, not as sweet as it's US equivalent, but I liked the chewy texture. I also got to try a pear drop (below top left), this one I really liked it was chewy, and tasted a bit like a pear. Actually that one and the ones below, a tropical fruit (below top right) and watermelon (below bottom) were my favorite of the batch. They were all chewy, sweet and sour and they looked pretty too. They were more like gummies than sour patch so the texture wasn't my favorite, but they were still yummy.



 The last kind of lolly I tried was sour hearts. I had 3 flavors of these: sour peach (below top right), sweet peach (below top left), and sour apple. All were nice, the apple and sour peach were my favorites. It was really interesting that there were two kinds of peach and it was fun to try them. They were both peachy but also both distinctly different.



I liked all of these lollies better than my first trial, but that was probably because I was prepared for them to not be what they said. This wasn't even really the case, but they were still yummy. This was also a really nice afternoon pick-me up after a loooonnng morning of class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment