The first night of Passover is usually spent at a large dinner/ceremony called a seder. Seders are a way for family to come together and celebrate the story of Passover. Unfortunately, my family isn't in Brisbane, so no seder for me. Instead I made the most classic of passover dishes with a twist! Matzah Pizza is the beloved passover food, basically pizza sauce and cheese on matzah instead of pizza dough. Not so great compared to actual pizza, but good compared to other passover food. I did not have any pizza sauce so I decided to make a sophisticated matzah flatbread instead. I Spread olive oil mixed with tuscan herbs, parsley, and garlic pepper on the matzah. Then a bit of mozzarella cheese. Next I added sliced zucchinis and shallots. Then I topped it with more mozzarella and some shredded parmesan. Lastly I added some parsley for color and additional taste. Then I cooked it at 200 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes.
Once it the cheese was melted and the edges were crisp I took it out. It was amazing. Extremely flavorful with with perfect ratio of cheese to herbs and veggies. I had it with a glass of Pink Moscato, a sweet grapefruit flavored rosé, since you are traditionally supposed to drink 4 glasses of wine at a seder. I only had one glass of course, but it was nice to celebrate the holiday with a glass of wine with dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment