Sunday, April 6, 2014

Zucchini Fritters


I decided to make these with the left over zucchini guts from the zucchini boats. I used these feta cheese, capsicum pesto, chopped shallots, zucchini bits, ~1/4 cup of flour, and an egg. I mixed it together and made 3 fritters that I cooked in a pan. I tried to cook the first two at the same time and they didn't hold up as well, so next time I'll cook them one at a time. They were really yummy and flavorful. I ate them with some Tzatziki (below), which was a really great choice. A good way to put leftover zucchini guts to good use.


 Thoughts on this dish:

  • I wish there was an alternate to flour to make these healthier and still stay together. I'll keep thinking, but nothing comes to mind initially.
  • Loved the flavor in these, I added salt, garlic, and pepper to season them, as well as the capsicum pesto.
  • They were great with the mind and zesty Tzatziki, they'd also probably be great with some hummus, or other Mediterranean dips. 
  • Like I said some of the fritters fell apart in the pan, so I need to fry them separately so they don't fall apart when I flip them.
A nice dish, but I want to see if I can modify it to make it healthier and prettier.

No comments:

Post a Comment