I'm a Wash U undergraduate student who recently moved into my first apartment, and this blog is to document my adventures with cooking. I'm a flexitarian, which in my case means I have a mostly vegetarian diet, though occasionally I do eat poultry. So, nothing on this site will have sea food or red meat in it. I'll be posting mostly about my own cooking experiences, but also about other great food I eat in St. Louis.
Monday, April 21, 2014
Sweet Orangy Quinoa Salad
This salad was an amazing combination of sweet flavors. It's green base is spinach, and it has both a veggie and fruit component. I choose 2 sweet veggies, carrots and sweet potatoes. And 2 sweet fruits, mandarin oranges and cranberries. I mixed them together with 1/4 a cup of cooked quinoa. Then I added balsamic with a dollop of honey as the dressing. This was a wonderfully sweet and complex salad. It was also rather orange because the veggie and oranges five it the wonderful color, thus Orangy Salad. I made enough for 2 meals which was great because it was such a wonderful meal and I got to enjoy it twice. This salad takes a little bit more prep than most, since the quinoa needs to be cooked, as does the sweet potato. However, the prep is worth it. I also recommend chilling the cooked potato and quinoa before scooping them in with the rest of the ingredients and tossing with the dressing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment