Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Sushi Bar at Ginga Grey st.



So as I mentioned we wanted to go back and try the sushi bar experience at Ginga, the Japanese restaurant my friend and I went to on Saturday. And we did for lunch on Monday. The reason that we were so excited to go back is that their sushi bar is a conveyer belt (see above)! The sushi chef puts the rolls and other tasties on the belt and they go directly to the tables for you to choose. The plates are color coded by price, so you can take whatever you want. They have a handy fold out with pictures of all of the items and names, as well as color coded prices. It was so fun to do, we loved picking our dishes as well as just seeing all of the options go around! My friend is a vegetarian, so that was perfect because we could share dishes :) We first got an avocado roll (see above), then we set out to try some other vegetarian things. I got an egg salad ship (below left) which is egg salad on top of a rice rolled in nori. The egg salad was the perfect consistency and had asian flavors that made it really unique. We also tried mountain veggies on inari! I love inari, it's rice in a sweet bean wrap, and is so good and it was amazing with these veggies on top with a vinegar dressing. It was a really nice find. We also got Tofu sashimi and a mixed veggie roll, both of which I forgot to take pictures of. The tofu was not my favorite, the texture was just so strange that I couldn't get over it. It makes sense I didn't like it because I don't really love cold tofu. The mixed veggie roll was amazing though! It was two huge pieces, so I ate it in one bite and It took me a full moment to chew and swallow it, but I enjoyed that minute :) Half of 4 items was enough to fill me up, and get a lot of great tastes. This was a wonderful way to have a light healthy, and fun lunch.



We decided to also get dessert since those were doing around on the conveyer too. And one of the things that was going around was ice cream mochi, one of my FAVORITE desserts! My friend hadn't had mochi before so we got one to try. I chose the matcha one of course! We split with with the fun spoons that they gave us (see below). It was really yummy and a perfect way to end the meal. I love mochi and I love matcha, so of course the combination is amazing. 


This was such a fun place to go for a late lunch and a great way to start off a hard academic week. Also, sharing plates allowed us to try a lot of yummy things and not spend a ton of money (of course the fact that we were both eating vegetarian probably helped too), The meal was about $12 each. Can't recommend this place enough for the atmosphere and the food!

No comments:

Post a Comment