Thoughts on this Restaurant:
- As I mentioned before this is a crowded place on a Saturday night at 7. We waited about 30 minutes for a table. But a full place usually means good food, and this was no exception. Also the service was great. We got our food quickly. This is even more impressive when you consider that they were filling twice as many take-out orders as eat-in ones, but still managed to be timely.
- Dewey's is a block south of Momo's on North & South Blvd. It started in Cincinnati Ohio, but now they have a couple of Missouri locations, in addition to the Ohio ones.
- I also happen to really, really like many of their suggested combos, which is usually not the case at pizza places.
- One of the things I really like about the suggestions is that out of the 15 specialties on the menu 8 of them are vegetarian!!! Usually at a pizza place there is one vegetarian specialty, the veggie supreme. Looking at the shear amount of combination options, it really speaks to the variety of vegetarian toppings that they have at their disposal. This makes this place truly a wonderful option of veggie diners.
- Besides the Green Lantern (:D). I would really like to try the Billy Goat (sundried tomatoes/goat cheese/peppers/tomatoes on a sauceless pizza), The Socrates' Revenge (spinach/black olives/green olives/feta/red onions/tomatoes on a sauceless pizza), and the Killer Veggie (red sauce/mozzarella/mushrooms/onions/black olives/green peppers/fresh tomatoes).
I really like this place!!! It's such a nice change, and the quality cannot be beat. I actually like Dewey's more than Pi pizza (shhhh), partly because I'm from Chicago and the Pi deep dish that everyone raves about doesn't actually compare the pizza I can get in Chi-town. Anyway, Dewey's is a must for anyone craving pizza in STL.
No comments:
Post a Comment