Saturday, November 2, 2013

Pumpkin Spice Latte


As I've mentioned before, around a certain time of year pumpkin flavored stuff becomes readily available. One of these famous pumpkin treats are the Starbucks Pumpkin Spice lattes. Everyone loves them, and I'm no exception. During my beginning of October grocery run I happened to come across the Starbuck Via instant mixes for pumpkin spice lattes, and because I am my pumpkin obsessed self, I bought them. It turned out to be a good decision. These are individual packets of the pumpkin spice latte mix, that when added to hot milk create an instant recreation of pumpkin spice lattes. While, instant coffee really cannot live up to the expectations of the real thing, these are still pretty good for a 2 second instant pack. Just add hot milk and stir, and instant fall comfort drink. 



Thoughts on this Drink:
  • These are nice to drink as a latte, but I also use them to flavor other things. An example is my banana "ice cream"
  • Besides their connivence,  a nice thing about these is that while the real pumpkin spice lattes are gone now that October has ended, the packs will stick around for a little while longer. So this is a good way to extend pumpkin spice season!
Overall, really great if you have realistic expectations about Starbucks VIA. Not to dump on VIA since they sponsored a free Parachute concert on campus at the beginning of October. I tend to like Starbucks instant more because of that, which was probably their marketing strategy all along... but well, free concert :)

No comments:

Post a Comment