Monday, November 11, 2013

Hummus Wrap at Holmes


Mmmmm The Carvery. Last week I finally had time to sit down for lunch, so I took advantage of my time to go to this wondrous Wash U lunch spot. The Carvery in Holmes Lounge is a sandwich and wrap restaurant that makes mades all their items made to order. Now what is unique about it is that they have a meat of the day and will cut up fresh roasted ingredients for the wraps. Also they throw all their wraps onto a panini press until they are grilled just right. This time I specifically stopped in because the meat of the day was turkey, but they ran out by the time I got there :( It turned out okay because they have hummus so I was able to get something awesome and vegetarian instead. I got hummus, swiss, grilled zucchini and squash, tomatoes, lettuce, onions, and pickles on a wheat wrap. Also I got the house sauce and honey mustard on it as well. The Carvery has an awesome selection of sauces, but their house (some type of yellow sauce which I have no clue is in) is the best one. It's fun to try different sauce combos on the wraps. Anyway, my creation last week was very yummy. It got a bit messy (see below), but it was a very satisfying lunch!


Thoughts on the Carvery:
  • The wait for this place is super long, the longest wait on campus at the busiest lunch hours. So be sure to get there at off times or the wait is easily half an hour to forty minutes. It can be worth it, but sometimes on busy days I don't have that kind of time.
  • Holmes Lounge, which is the eating area for this restaurant, is gorgeous. It has an intricately painted ceiling and housed the Queen's Jewels during the 1914 world's fair. It's cool that something that important is a lunch and study spot on campus :)
I love this place and couldn't recommend it more if you have a longer than average lunch break here at Wash U.

No comments:

Post a Comment