Kaldi's Coffee is a St. Louis company that has shops all over the STL area. This particular Kaldi's is on De Mun Rd. It's a bit farther from campus, and a great deal smaller than Kayak's. This means that it has a much more low key atmosphere (they also don't have a sandwich menu). And they close at 11p, so it was the perfect place to stop with friends after Dewey's and before the Catching Fire Premiere. I decided to be adventurous and try the seasonal drink. A rosemary brown sugar latte. I was a little skeptical about it, but I like rosemary and I like brown sugar and my curiosity was peaked. My thoughts? It was weird, rosemary (which is a fairly strong flavor) is not something that I'm used to having with coffee, but after the first couple of sips I really enjoyed the drink. It's nice to try something different and I'm always eager to try new flavor profiles, because sometimes the strangest combinations are the best.
Thoughts on Kaldi's:
- I'm a big fan of the brand because they are a local place. They grind their beans locally and are pretty conscious about getting fair trade beans.
- This place is nice and out of the way, it's in an area that more professors are living in than students so there are some really nice restaurants and bars on the same street and this shop.
- It's really close to our local Shnucks (St. Louis' local grocery chain) and movie theater, so it's in a convenient location if you have a car.
Overall, many positive feelings. It was fun to something completely different than my usual!
No comments:
Post a Comment