Monday, November 11, 2013

Spinach Smoothie


Yes, it sounds weird. If you haven't heard of putting greens in smoothies before it seems rather out there. That's what I thought the first time I heard of it. I thought that the spinach would overpower the fruit, and it would taste like greens, that it would be gross. Wrong, wrong, and wrong. In a well made green machine smoothie you cannot taste the spinach. It just adds extra vitamins and color to a normal fruit smoothie. The ones that they serve at Cafe Bergson in the DUC are no exception. I like to get mine with peach-apricot-pear juice (its soooo good) and fresh banana. For me, the flavor profile is very sweet and comforting. These are soft baby fruits, but for some reason they are soooo yummy together. Today the flavors were matched particularly perfectly.


Thoughts on this Drink:
  • One of the things that I don't like about how the school makes their smoothies is that they add a ton of ice. This makes the drink a watery mess when it melts, so I try and drink mine fast.
  • Which leads to problem number two, these smoothies always make me really chilled.
  • Also while fruit is healthy, and spinach is great, these smoothies have a ton of sugar in them, so I don't get them too often.
This is a super yummy treat, and is a fast way to get a meal between classes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment