Alright, we've established I have a pumpkin obsession. So what's better than pumpkin in it's purest dessert form pumpkin pie? The answer. Almost nothing. Pumpkin Pie is my second favorite kind of pie (the reason it's second is because my mother's blueberry pie cannot be beat). It's also a relatively easy pie to make (aka hard to screw up). For these reasons, I ended up making it for dessert for the date night meal I made for my boyfriend last weekend. It turned out wonderfully. We ate it hot, and we both loved it. Actually, it was so loved that myself, my roommate, and one of our friends finished it the next day… And my boyfriend and I are planning on making another one tomorrow night… Basically, yes it's that good and I have four people to vouch for the pie :)
Thoughts on this Dessert:
- For the filling I basically followed the recipe on the back of the pumpkin can. But instead of condensed milk I used 1 cup of skim. It turned out really well, and was healthier, so I think I will continue to do that from now on.
- I also used pumpkin pie spice instead of the separate spices.
- I used store bought graham cracker crust. This is easy and doesn't taste much different than home-made graham cracker crust.
- As desserts go, this one is actually on the healthier side. The worst thing about it is the sugar that the recipe calls for… otherwise its just eggs, milk, and pumpkin.
- I served it with cool whip, this is how I ate it as a child so now cool whip and pumpkin pie are interconnected in my mind.

No comments:
Post a Comment