Friday, December 13, 2013

Apple Chardonnay Chicken Sausages and Apple Quinoa


I have lots of applely things. I think its left from all of the seasonal apple food and treats that come out in the fall. In the process of cleaning out the fridge I decided to make a very apple meal. I finished off the rest of the apple chicken sausages I had in the freezer. I grilled them on Hello Kitty (see below), which is a great way to quickly make these guys. I have to turn them frequently to make sure they get fully cooked but the mini grill does a really great job. I still had a ton of Apple Quinoa from the other day. I decided to heat it up and and add the sliced sausages to the dish (see above). Apparently, the quinoa is as amazing warm as it was cold. It complemented the sausages really well, I think this is my favorite way that I've eaten them so far. This meal was hugely filling, and super protein rich. 


On top of the apple sausages and the apple quinioa,  I also had left over Trader Joe's apple cider, so I heated up a glass and had it with the food. I ate it during a study break, and burned the last of my fall scented candles (see below). It was a really nice way to finish off the feeling of fall and welcome in winter!


Thoughts on this Dish:
  • This was mostly just a combination of other things that I've made before. 
  • This portion was huge, but it did keep me full for the rest of the night.
  • I noticed that the apples actually haven't really browned in the quinoa dish! I think the balsamic and red wine vinegar are acidic enough to keep them fresh. This is really nice to know because then I don't have to use lemon juice next time (which can change the flavor a bit)!
Really happy with this meal. It was nice and festive, and incredibly relaxing in the midst of finals. 

Also you may have noticed out Gingerbread House in the last picture. My roommate and I put it together from a kit earlier this week. The we put an electric candle in it! It's a nice holiday addition to the apartment. It was also funny to watch two college students struggle through building a craft meant for kids :) We had a ton of fun doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment