I love Red Velvet. I know it got really popular a couple of years ago, but I think it's for good reason. Red velvet is perfect because it's subtle chocolate. Also it's a pretty color (which I always appreciate in my food). So when I saw this Red Velvet Hot Chocolate Mix for $2 at World Market, I had to try it. I made some tonight, using milk and 2 spoonfuls of the mix. I heated the milk for about 2.5 minutes, then added the powder, stirred well and nuked it for another 30 seconds. It was so good!! Not only did it actually taste and smell like red velvet, but it had a subtle pink color to it. Very happy with this mix, even though its not a healthy drink, it is a relaxing one. And in the middle of finals, a little relaxing can go a long way.
Thoughts on this Drink:
- It can also be made with water. Since there was powdered milk in the ingredients I think that it would also taste really good that way. But I had milk, so I thought might as well.
- I was actually extremely impressed by how this drink maintained an authenticity to red velvet. It really tasted like the cake! Some red velvet things struggle with this, but this one was not one of them.
A really good 2 dollar purchase :)

No comments:
Post a Comment