This was a holiday take on my yummy marshmallow taffy recipe. I had a lot of crushed candy cane from the popcorn I made last month, and I thought it would be yummy to add to this dessert! So instead of using peanut butter (which I usually highly recommend to get the consistency right), which doesn't go well with peppermint, I decided to tweak the recipe. I used Nutella and melted chocolate instead! Since this is a holiday version, I used chocolate gelt! Gelt is chocolate coins that are a traditional Hanukkah candy, and since I made this on the 6th night of Hanukkah I thought it was a perfect addition to this recipe. It turned out surprisingly well and made me very happy :)
Thoughts on this Recipe:
- I broke my own have to use peanut butter rule and it still turned out well, so I guess melted chocolate and Nutella attain similar constancy.
- I love this dessert because I created totally on my own, and I like that I can tweak it so many ways.
- The peppermint makes it a lot prettier! I wish there was a way to make this dessert look presentable because its so good that I want to share it with others, but it looks so icky :P


No comments:
Post a Comment