I love American scones. They're fluffy and moist, awesome with coffee, and a perfect morning treat. I like getting them at coffee shops, but they are also really easy to make… with the right mix. World Market (another of my favorite places) has a really great selection of scone mixes (see below), I've tried a bunch of them but my favorite by far is the vanilla chai, its cinnamony and comforting, much like a vanilla chai latte. And these scones actually taste like vanilla chai lattes. I have a tendency to make these right before finals week starts and then eat scones for a week while studying, so I did the predictable thing and made them the Sunday before reading week started. Not only is the mix cheap (5 bucks for a bag that makes 12 scones), it is incredibly easy to use. Add 3/4 cup of water and mix until gooey (see below). Then spoon the scones on a pan (see below) and bake for 12 minutes exactly. Done. They might not look pretty, but they taste like bliss.
Thoughts on this Recipe:
- The other flavors I've tried are the blueberry, raspberry, and chocolate chip. All were good.
- I have considered making some type of glaze for these, but they are so moist that they don't really need it.
- Make sure to store them in a closed container after they cool or they get crusty.
- I greased the pan to make sure they didn't stick, I mistakenly used pan, I should have used Baker's Joy :P
- Each scone is only about 100-120 calories so seriously these guys are not to bad for you as pastries go.
Wonderful scones, I'm so happy that I have them to cheer me up as a go into major finals mode...



No comments:
Post a Comment