This dish was in part inspired by something I threw together in my dorm last year, and in part by the cucumbers I had at BoBo's last week. And also partly because the only vegetables in our apartment when I made this were cucumbers, carrots, and onions. I really like making fun veggie dishes, and I love my sweet chili sauce, so hence veggie dishes with the chili sauce. Cucumbers aren't great to cook with so I decided to make this a chilled dish. I cut the dukes as thinly as a could because the Bobo's noodle cucumber preparation was really fun (see previous post), and I wanted to add in the other veggies I had, hence onions and carrots. All of these veggies are great sliced and chilled and the sauce really enhanced all the flavors and brought them together.
I shredded the carrots with a knife, and it turned out rather well even though it was time consuming (see above). Also the carrots smelled really nice when I was doing it. I think peeling them that way releases the smell. I then thinly sliced the onions, added the sauce and shook it up. It was a really yummy and light meal.
Thoughts on this Dish:
- Even though I was constrained in my veggie choices I like the combination of these three, their mild tastes all compliment each other with out overpowering the others.
- I added very little onion and that was the right choice
- I want to learn a better cutting technique for the cucumbers and the carrot shredding. Something that I think will get better with practice.
This was good as a light meal, but it could also be a nice side for an asian style dish. It was easy and pretty and I'll be remembering it in the future.

No comments:
Post a Comment