Monday, December 9, 2013

Birthday Dinner at Ginger Bistro




Ginger Bistro is an asian restaurant on the loop. It's not my favorite but one of my friends really likes it, and a couple of us went out for her birthday, so she got to pick. The reasons I hasn't really liked this place before was because the service was terrible and I hadn't had anything I loved off the menu. This time around though our server was amazing and I had a couple of dishes that I really liked so I'm revising my initial opinion. We also think that the place has recently come under new management. They've added a lot to their menu, including bubble tea :) We made a bit of an evening out of our meal, so we ordered items one at a time. I first got the taro milk tea (blogging about taro recently has made me crave it), which was not the best I've had but still really yummy. I then got a Tomago Roll. This was one of many vegetation rolls that they offer (always a plus), it had egg, scallions, and cucumbers in it and I really liked it a lot. My friend loves their Romance Rolls, which have sweet potato and avocado in them. Finally for dinner I got the vegetarian deluxe meal. It was a vegetarian dish with tofu and assorted veggies in their house sauce. I actually really enjoyed it, which was nice. I've been trying to find things on their menu that I like and I definitely succeeded this time around. And we had a wonderful birthday evening!

Thoughts on this Restaurant:

  • Like I said I'd previously had really bad service experiences here. The original server was rude and slow. But we had a different server this time and he was wonderful, attentive, and funny. Unfortunately, I noticed that the other guy still works there so be warned, potentially iffy service if you go.
  • I want to point out that they offer almost all of the classic americanized-asian dish preparations (ex. kung pao, general tso, mongolian, etc) but with a vegetarian preparation using tofu! This is really nice because it adds a lot of options to their vegetarian menu
  • Also lots of unique veggie sushi rolls!
  • And the new bubble tea menu is a nice addition, even though St. Louis Bubble Tea (still my favorite) is two doors down from them…
Overall I liked this place a lot better this time! It's still not my favorite, but a solid Asian restaurant with a large menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment