Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Barbecue Chicken Wrap


Wraps are great because you can put whatever you want in them! However, they usually fall apart unless you have master wrap folding skills or they are grilled. Alas, I am not so great at wrapping (presents or wraps), so I'll resort to grilling. This particular wrap does have chicken in it. I do limit the amount of poultry I eat, but one of the things I make an exception for is Trader Joe's pulled BBQ chicken. It's packaged really nicely, I can easily freeze it, and then just defrost and microwave when you want to make it. I can also use it in so many different ways (if you haven't noticed I love these type of ingredients). I've used it in wraps, on top of a salad, BBQ chicken pizza, quesadillas, and just eaten it by itself.  Like I said, one of the best things about wraps is you can put a ton of stuff in them and this one was not exception. I had zucchini, peppers, spinach, ranch dressing, and mozzarella cheese in there as well. I think it would also be yummy with black beans added to the mix, but I didn't want to open a new can the night I was making this so I left them out. This was a super filling and a nicely balanced meal!

Thoughts on this Dish:
  • Veggie wraps are also great, I particularly like hummus wraps. I'm planning on trying out some more without the poultry.
  • Something I think is awesome about wraps is ingredients that will fall out of a sandwich, like nuts or beans, will fit into wraps. So that makes for a lot more interesting flavor combos. 
  • Grilling for longer is better, I like when the inside is hot and the cheese is melted.

Also, my love of wraps may just have been inspired by Wash U's Carvery restaurant. They make the best made-to-order wraps there. The lines might be long, but it's always worth the wait. This year I've been in lab a lot more and haven't had as much time for lunch, and you need time to get a Carvery wrap. I've been seriously missing those wraps in my life, so that's why I tried to make my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment