Monday, October 21, 2013

Simple Balsamic Salad


I like salads. They are an easy healthy flavorful vegetarian option. I can make them sweet, or savory. Add in fun things like egg or fruit, or beans, or nuts, or cheese. I haven't made a ton of salads at my apartment this year because I tend to have a hard time keeping spinach in a state were it doesn't taste weird raw. But, when I get a new batch of spinach I have about a week where salads are good to go. Sunday night I roasted my biweekly batch of veggies (see below). They make a simple salad simply delicious. I added some of them to this spinach salad along with carrots and balsamic dressing. I shook it up and done. Super simple, but tasty and filling.

Thoughts on this dish:
  • Not many comments, except that this specific salad is also yummy with kidney beans added for protein! 
  • I also really enjoy the combination of dried cranberries and balsamic on a spinach salad, for a sweet meal.
I used to eat salads for dinner almost every night when I lived on campus because Wash U's salad bars are so yummy and easy. I miss my salads... I'll have to make more.

No comments:

Post a Comment