Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Crepes and Coco at Crepes Etc.


Firstly, I apologize for the demolished state of the food in these pictures. We were halfway through our meal when I remembered to take them... but that doesn't detract from the awesomeness of the food. Crepes Etc. is a breakfast place in the Central West End. This area recently became more accessible to me because I now have access to a car and the Saturday morning of my visit I shared the area with my family. My roommate had recommended this place, so we got breakfast here. The walls are pink and white stripped and it has the feel of a cutesy french coffee shop. They are famous for their crepes and hot chocolate, but have a full breakfast menu. I got the Crazy Caprese Crepe (above). My sister had the Pumpkin Gelato Crepe (below), and my parents got omelets. My Dad's delicious goat cheese and red pepper omelet is pictured below.

All of the food was really yummy. I very much liked my crepe which was packed with spinach and had pesto on top. However, the highlight of the food was the breakfast potatoes. My family unanimously agreed they were the best breakfast potatoes we'd ever had. They tasted like a combination of has browns and french fries. Yuuuummmmmm! As I said before, Crepes Etc. is also famous for their hot coco. They made their own marshmallows, and serve the drink in gigantic size mugs (see below). Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of the marshmallows for you since they were already eaten by the time I got around to taking a shot :)


Thoughts on Crepes Etc.
  • This place is obviously popular for good reason! It was packed when we were there and we were lucky to find a table. But the line to order the food moved fast, and they have outdoor seating.
  • They have a huge menu of both sweet and savory crepes. I love savory crepes and was super happy that they have some really great vegetarian ones here. 
I loved the food and atmosphere of this place. I was so happy I could share it with my family, and will definitely try to get back here again!

No comments:

Post a Comment