In a previous post I mentioned that one of my comfort meals is cheesy beans. Well I made them last night so now I can share them with you! Cheesy beans are exactly what it says on the tin. Black beans and cheese, put in the microwave for a minute. Of course I usually add some barbecue sauce, and veggies too. This time I had some leftover beans from a mexican restaurant that I was at last weekend so I just used those. The beans were mixed with zucchini and poblanos, and then I added a bit of bbq and mozzarella cheese. As always, it was very yummy.
- Cheesy beans are a very easy way to spice up beans. Also once again, good protein source.
- I tend to crave this late at night for some reason... I guess its good that its such an easy thing to make.
- There is a fine line between not enough cheese and too much cheese. I like to mix some cheese in and also top it with a bit of cheese, but that makes it easy to over add. So beware!

No comments:
Post a Comment