I recently discovered couscous is super easy to make. I can prepare it from scratch in 15 min. Literally, I boil water and dump a cup of the stuff in, and 5-10 min later done. I'm adding an extra 5 to the prep time because I like it with veggies and other goodies in it. I have decided that the best way to make this dish is with chopped cucumbers, feta, and sun-dried tomatoes. It has a Mediterranean feel, and I like it! I also mix hummus in it to give it some moisture because otherwise it's too dry. Like when I make quinoa, I usually make enough for more an one meal, which works great for me. Awesome thing about this dish? Its delicious warm or cold. I've actually taken it to school in a tupperware container for lunch, no microwave required. There are a couple ways I've tried eating it. As is, it's great on its own, and filling enough to be its own meal. I've also had it on top of salad, excellent that way too. This time, since I mixed in tomato basil hummus instead of the classic kind, and the chicken sausages I have are tomato basil I decided to cook one up and mix it in. It was a good decision.
Thoughts on this Dish:
- This time I put some spinach in the couscous when it was still in the pot, this steamed the spinach and it was a wonderful idea! However, as always when I cook spinach it loses a lot of volume, so more spinach next time.
- I like trying this with different types of hummus, it really gives a nice and unique definition to the dish. Sometimes more hummus needs to be added after it's been in the fridge for a bit.
- I could probably do an Asian spin on couscous as well as the typical Israeli kind that I've been making. I'll have to think about it for next time.
Can't wait to make some more of this easy meal!
No comments:
Post a Comment