I don't usually eat breakfast. Eating early in the morning makes me feel sick, and I usually don't have time for something involved anyway. However, on Friday's and Sunday's I get to sleep in and wake up at a time where the idea of eating doesn't make me nauseous. One recipe I sometimes make is my fried egg sandwiches. Another is the easy meal pictured above. I like yogurt a lot, but usually don't find it filling enough for a meal. I like eating cereal for a snack dry, but usually don't have enough milk in the apartment to eat a bowl of it. Solution? Mix yogurt and cereal! I have this delicious Kashi cereal that is cinnamon flavored. I goes really well with the yoplait strawberry-banana yogurt that I like. I also add banana slices if I have them.
Thoughts on this Dish:
- We don't usually have fresh berries at the apartment because they are expensive and don't keep, but they would be good in this recipe. Also peaches or nectarines would also be yummy with the cinnamon cereal.
- I want to experiment with different combinations of yogurt, and fruit.
- Cinnamon is super healthy! It has lots of health benefits including preventing Alzheimer's, reducing the bodies response to high fat foods (good to eat in combination with yogurt and bananas).
- This is a no cook meal! So super quick prep. It goes really well with a cup of coffee.
No comments:
Post a Comment