Eggs are great. Number 1, they're easy to cook. The first thing I learned how to cook was scrambled eggs when I was 8. Number 2, super flexible, lots and lots of ways to eat eggs. And number 3, that ever important protein. Because of all of these pros, you'll probably be seeing lots of egg recipes on this blog. So here is the first omelet I made this year that I happened to take a picture of. It has some of the roasted veggies that I make on a biweekly basis, as well as spinach. I also added some smoked gouda cheese and BBQ sauce because, well, yum. This was quite good. I have yet to make an omelet look pretty, but I've gotten to the point where it will certainly always taste good.
Thing I learned making this Dish:
- Flipping omelets is HARD I still need practice before I can do it like the chefs at the omelet stations at hotels. This attempt was better than my first omelet of the year, but still haven't mastered it yet.
- I have to make sure that the veggies are cooked to the state I want them before I put the eggs in.
- I like to use egg beaters for omelets and scrambled eggs, and keep the whole eggs for other egg dishes/baking. And why not cut back on the cholesterol a bit?
I'll probably be posting more kinds of omelets that I experiment with as I go. Follow my grand quest to finally make a pretty omelet!
No comments:
Post a Comment