I have a bad habit of forgetting to eat when I'm in lab all day, so by the time I get home I want something hot, but I'm too hungry to want to cook something involved. This is usually an indicator that scrambled eggs will follow. They take 2 minutes tops, and they are filling and warm. However, on their own scrambled eggs are super boring. I usually spice them up with veggies or cheese, but this time I tried something a bit different. I did use spinach in the eggs, but instead of cheese, I mixed into the eggs sweet chili sauce! This was a really delicious addition to a sometimes plain meal. I absolutely love sweet chili sauce. This is basically Mae Ploy (the main brand for it), but I tend to get the Trader Joe's version (see below) because it is much more reasonably sized than the huge Mae Ploy bottle. I love the sweet/spicy combo that is found in so many asian dishes, and this sauce is one of my favorite representations of it. I use the sauce on green beans, salads, and to dip potstickers in normally. This was my first time using it in eggs, but I'm glad I remembered that I had some in the cabinet.
Thoughts on this dish:
- Pretty standard scrambled eggs.
- When I add spinach to the eggs I have to let it get sautéed on its own before I add the eggs.
- I added the sauce immediately after taking the eggs out of the pan, then mixed it together with them, worked perfectly. The heat of the eggs heated the sauce, so everything was the perfect temperature.

No comments:
Post a Comment