One of the things that I discovered when I got to college was milk tea. Where I grew up we didn't have a Bubble Tea joint so it was something I didn't have a chance to try until coming to St. Louis. I was not a big tea drinker before college, but milk tea made me a convert. I love getting it at St. Louis Bubble Tea, but it was always a shlep from campus. So last year I found that you can buy milk tea mix online (I discovered this when I was buying matcha powder online, which I'll post about later), and on a whim I bought some. Great decision!! It tastes exactly like what you get at a milk tea shop, and is super easy to make. The bag pictured above is about $15, and lasts me for 6 months, very cheap if you enjoy milk tea! We tend to keep the apartment cold so I like to have a warm drink at night that won't hop me up, and the tea is perfect for that. It has also become my relaxing happy place drink. I'll make some when it's a rainy day, put on my slippers, put on some chill music, and curl up to re-read a book and watch the rain. I'm smiling just thinking about it.
Thoughts on this wonderful drink:
- I usually put 2 large spoonfuls to make it to the strength I like. And I heat the water to 190 degrees.
- This type of tea has become my gateway tea because it taught be that I actually do like tea as long as it has a ton of milk in it. My favorite is still this plain old black tea and milk, but I also like chai lattes, as well as this awesome red velvet tea (its weird I know, but also really yummy), and earl gray. Slowly, but surely, I'm trying and liking more types of tea.
- The brand I like is called GreenMax, I get my matcha from them as well. They have a bunch of other milk drink mixes, but none have sounded particularly good to me so I haven't tried them.

No comments:
Post a Comment