Monday, October 14, 2013

Napoleon at Piccione



This is my first post about St. Louis food! So one of my new favorite things this year has been Piccione Pastry. It's an authentic Italian pasticceria that opened this summer on the Delmar Loop. My apartment is fairly close to Piccone and its become a frequent stop for my friends and I when we're craving something sweet. They have amazing pastries, good coffee, and most importantly, take campus card. So far I've tried the tricolor cookie (which I think are my favorite thing there), this beauteous napoleon, and a pumpkin cannoli. All were fantastic and reasonably priced. As for drinks I've had the cappuccino,  the cappuccino creme with amoretto, and the house coffee. The cappuccino creme (pictured below) was a bit sweet for me, but I very much enjoyed my other drinks. One of my friends loves their italian sodas. I'm also dying to try their affogato (basically think italian version of an ice cream sunday but with gelato and expresso, yummmm). Needless to say I will be back soon.


Other notes on Piccione Pastry:
  • Its on the corner of Delmar and Skinnker, easy to get to for Wash U students. 
  • They have a nice seating area and FREE WIFI making it a perfect study destination.
  • Also, my roommate and I just discovered this, they have a coffee happy hour from 2p-4p where all drinks are 50% off!!!!! Did I mention that this place is a good study spot, with cheap coffee?
Basically if you live in Saint Louis you have to come check this place out

No comments:

Post a Comment