Monday, October 14, 2013

Peach Flatbread


This messy looking beast is a product of my love of savory and sweet things. I really like fruit and I love to eat it in creative ways. A couple weeks ago I made this peach and balsamic flatbread with mozzarella and goat cheese. I bought the peaches specifically to try this recipe out, and I liked it a lot. For the flatbread I used Trader Joe's frozen naan. These naan are great, so easy. I just pop them in the oven for 2 minutes before topping as I see fit (peaches were in my sights this time), and put them back in until crisp. I use them basically as a pizza crust. As a college student I really like it when I can use an ingredient that I don't have to make from scratch but still tastes great.

Thoughts about this dish:
  • The balsamic made the flatbread kinda soggy so I either need to go lighter on it next time and keep the naan in longer to crisp it up. 
  • I love cheese, but this could have used a little bit less mozzarella.
  • I bought the peaches when they were not yet ripe and then waiting a week or so to use them. This was the right choice!!! I wouldn't have gotten around to making this right away anyway and by the time I did they were perfect. Also I used the second peach 5 days later (will post that recipe later) and it was still good to go, if anything even more delicious than the first. Moral: when I don't know when I'll get to the fruit better to get them when they are not ripe yet, saves me from having to toss fruit gone bad. 
I'm going to have to experiment more with fruit recipes because they are yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment