Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Pumpkin Bars!!



So I might have what you call a pumpkin obsession... As in this ^ is me when fall arrives and pumpkin specials come up on every menu. I had a pumpkin latte the first day the university's coffee spots started selling them. I stopped into Wash U's Einstein bagels for their pumpkin frappe thing (I don't know what it's called but PUMPKIN) and I was super sad that apparently they're out of pumpkin bagels for the season by the FIRST WEEK OF OCTOBER, like, what? But I got the pumpkin smear instead so it's all good. But anyway, as exciting as all of those on-campus pumpkin developments are nothing can come close to the almighty Pumpkin Bar.


These little beauties appear in all of the campus coffee shops starting in October and usually stick around until the end of November. And I have to say, it becomes a problem because when I see them in the case it's a serious exercise in self control to not get one with my morning cup of coffee. Simply said, these are the best pumpkin thing I have ever tasted. Round of applause for the Wash U Pastry Chefs.

So a pumpkin bar is basically if you take everything you love about pumpkin pie and everything you love about vanilla short cake, and make it into one perfect dessert. Yes, if you haven't guessed I'm basically using this post to gush about a pumpkin dessert. But really these are delicious and they have become an integral part of my fall.

And if you go to Wash U go get one!!!! They have them on Tuesdays and Thursdays in Cafe Bergson, but they will soon be around more frequently as the season goes on.

Its sad that I have the pumpkin bar schedule memorized, but PUMPKIN...

No comments:

Post a Comment