After my Family and I ate breakfast at Crepes Etc. we decided to wander around the Central West End. And there happened to be a special halloween celebration going on. All of the shops in the area were handing out candy to kids trick or treating (in full costume) with their families. It was absolutely adorable. My family decided that we wanted some candy too, and so we stopped in to Bissinger's Chocolatier. Now my family loves chocolate (especially my Mom, see where I got my sweet tooth yet? :) ), especially dark chocolate so we decided to get a couple pieces from the case to try. My Mom got a classic dark chocolate salted carmel (top left), my Dad got a raspberry dark chocolate truffle (bottom right), and my sister and I got a dark chocolate pear-balsamic carmel (the other 2 in the pic above). All were delicious. The raspberry truffle was the best one I've tasted in a long time. And the pear chocolate, which we got on the suggestion of the helpful young lady working at the counter, was absolutely amazing. The sweetness of the pear, coupled with the sweet/bitterness of the dark chocolate and balsamic were all tied together with the saltiness of the carmel making it the perfect gourmet chocolate. I would get these for someone as a nice gift. They were a surprising addition to a wonderful morning!
Thoughts on Bissinger's:
- This is a french chocolatier which is now based in St. Louis, and I was really pleased with the place.
- They have this nice sit down area that serves as a chocolate bar, it was all very chique. It was quiet on a saturday morning, but I can see it hopping on a Friday!

No comments:
Post a Comment