Yesterday was Pi Day 3.14! However, in Australia they write the date as day, month ear, instead of moth, day, year, soooo Pi day doesn't make as much sense. That didn't stop us from celebrating though by getting some pie. And instead of savory pie we were craving sweet pie. They only had one fruit pie at Brumby's, an individual apple pie. So I got that. I have to say, my Mom's apple pie is much better. The filling was not very flavorful and tasted a bit alcoholic actually. What I did like about the pie was the crust. It was sugar cookie crust so it tasted like I was eating a apple filled cookie!!! That was pretty awesome, but it felt like some other dessert other than a pie. I wonder if I could make a pie with american fruit filling, but a cookie crust. That sounds like an amazing and worthy endeavor.
No comments:
Post a Comment