I'm a Wash U undergraduate student who recently moved into my first apartment, and this blog is to document my adventures with cooking. I'm a flexitarian, which in my case means I have a mostly vegetarian diet, though occasionally I do eat poultry. So, nothing on this site will have sea food or red meat in it. I'll be posting mostly about my own cooking experiences, but also about other great food I eat in St. Louis.
Monday, March 17, 2014
Feta Pesto Breakfast Quesadilla
This was an on the whim idea that turned out oh so good. I mixed a scrambled egg with pesto and cooked it up with some feta, then I spread red pepper hummus on a tortilla. Next I filled it with the eggs and microwaved it for a bit. Voila! Breakfast quesadilla. This was a nice snack, but I would need more than one egg to make it filling enough for a meal. Also it would be better grilled that way it wouldn't be soggy, but no Hello Kitty grill in Brissy, so I made due. The flavors were amazing though. The pesto and the feta made the eggs garlicky and salty, and the red pepper added just the right zest. Definitely want to try this in some shape or form again soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment