I needed to bring a lunch to our field trip to Brisbane Forest Park on Friday. Unfortunately, I have no sandwich materials. At the last minute the night before I decided to make a pasta dish that I could eat cold. So I made some of my vermicelli but used Mediterranean flavors this time around. I made cooked the noodles and as I was doing so chopped up some shallots. I love shallots, they're like mini sweet onions, and are a super classy to use. They are usually pretty pricy, but I bought a bag of 8 of them for 3 dollars at the Queens Street Markets the other day, and have been waiting early to use some. I actually only chopped up half of one for this dish. After I strained the noodles I mixed them with a handful of spinach to steam it. Then I added this to the mixture of shallots and artichokes. Next I added some capsicum tomato pesto as the sauce. I tossed these all together and finally added some feta, which I tossed in too. It was a perfect amount of food for a filling lunch. I stuck it in the fridge to eat cold the next day, but I bet it would be good hot as well. It was a really nice sophisticated meal. My one complaint was that the rice noodles are so tangled that it was hard to mix in all the other ingredients. I think I would fix this by breaking them apart before cooking next time. Otherwise a really nice and tasty lunch.
No comments:
Post a Comment