So I decided to do a bit of a candy tasting the other day because candy bars were on sale at the grocery store. I bought a Fry's Turkish Delight and a Milky Way. I tasted the turkish delight first. It was rose flavored jelly covered in milk chocolate. This is different that a typical turkish delight which is covered in powder instead of chocolate. The jelly wasn't amazing, but it went really well with the chocolate. I like it, but I would have liked it more if it was dark chocolate :)
The second bar was the Milky Way. As you can see (top right) the wrapper is different than the US Milky Way, but the name is the same. Well, it is actually a different bar as well! There is chocolate nugget in the center, but no carmel. It's actually a lot like a fluffier version of a 3 Musketeer's Bar. I liked it (I love 3 Musketeer's). I expected (and was excited that) they have different chocolate bars here, but I wasn't expecting them to have different names for the same ones. I wonder if it's some kinda marketing thing.


No comments:
Post a Comment