This was something I had wanted to make a couple of weeks ago, but it took me awhile to accumulate all of the ingredients! It's a healthy veggie slaw. I used a pre-packed cabbage mix with cabbage, carrots, celery, green onions, and corn. I then added some more veggies, finely sliced cucumber, capsicum, red onions, and some more celery to give it extra crunch. I then added cashews!!! These give it a nice nutty flavor as well as a bit of protein. Then I made the dressing. I used sweet chili sauce and some zesty coleslaw sauce in a 1:3 ratio. I stirred it up and added it to the salad. Then I combined them by shaking them up in a tupperware container. I chilled it for about 4 hours before eating. And there was enough for my dinners for the next three days! Loved this easy and healthy recipe, I think it's great to make for a bbq as a side, or just for a summer dish.
Thoughts on this Dish:
- This is an excellent crunchy dish. The texture is awesome, even after 3 days it was still crunchy!
- The dressing was perfect because the coleslaw mix made it creamy and the sweet chili sauced added an extra kick to it.
- I loved the way the cashews absorbed the dressing.
- I made about a 1/2 cup of dressing for this one, and then added a tablespoon more. I like my salads pretty soaked in dressing so this was perfect for me, and it didn't get soggy so it wasn't overkill. If you don't like a lot of dressing i'd leave off the extra tablespoon.
Loved this one so much, can't wait to bring it to my next potluck!
No comments:
Post a Comment