I'm a Wash U undergraduate student who recently moved into my first apartment, and this blog is to document my adventures with cooking. I'm a flexitarian, which in my case means I have a mostly vegetarian diet, though occasionally I do eat poultry. So, nothing on this site will have sea food or red meat in it. I'll be posting mostly about my own cooking experiences, but also about other great food I eat in St. Louis.
Tuesday, March 11, 2014
Salsa BBQ Scramble
I wanted a filling, yet easy dinner yesterday. So I just made scrambled eggs. But I made fancy ones!! I sautéed capsicum, red onion, zucchini, and spinach. Then I cracked 3 eggs in a bowl and mixed them with salsa and a dash of barbecue sauce. Then I poured them on the veggies and scrambled them. I also added a ton of gouda cheese. They were so yummy. I noticed that the eggs don't get as firm when they are mixed with the sauce and salsa, so I might cook them a bit more next time. But, they were still great. The gouda, bbq, and salsa went really well together. Definitely doing to try something along these lines again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment