I'm a Wash U undergraduate student who recently moved into my first apartment, and this blog is to document my adventures with cooking. I'm a flexitarian, which in my case means I have a mostly vegetarian diet, though occasionally I do eat poultry. So, nothing on this site will have sea food or red meat in it. I'll be posting mostly about my own cooking experiences, but also about other great food I eat in St. Louis.
Wednesday, March 5, 2014
Greek Salad
So this is a really simple recipe and also very healthy and versatile. A traditional greek salad is made of veggies, dressing, and feta, but no lettuce. I made my version of it. My greek salad has cucumbers, capsicum, red onion, artichoke hears, sun-dried tomatoes, and feta cheese. Usually a greek salad has feta, cucumbers, olives, and fresh tomatoes, but I find tomatoes make the salad very watery, so I used sun-dried, and capsicum. And while I like olives in moderation, they overpower the salad, so I opted out of using them. I instead added artichoke hearts, which was really yummy. The artichokes and tomatoes were marinated so the marinade served as a dressing to help tie the salad together, and I didn't need to add extra dressing. This is a perfect salad to eat by itself, to add to a wrap, to plop on top of spinach (which makes it a greek salad like what you might get in the U.S.), to mix with quinoa, or to stuff in a pepper or tomato. I had some for lunch yesterday, and tonight I think I'm going to try and stuff a tomato with it and broil it. Look for another post to see how that turns out!
Labels:
5 min or less,
Brisbane,
My Cooking,
Vegetarian
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment