This last minute lunch idea was a stroke of classy brilliance. I took the last of my roasted veggies (eggplant, zucchini, capsicum, and red onion in this mix) mixed them with artichoke hearts and feta cheese. This made a really nice caponata, a type of roasted eggplant dish. This one was very light since it had no sauce, so I used it as a kinda spread. I used one of my rye flats to make homemade chips. I then constructed my own pieces, first a smear of tzatziki then a generous spoonful of the caponata (see below). It was such a satisfying lunch. I didn't feel overly full, and it was really fun to make and eat. Also I unintentionally created a great dish for having guests over for wine and cheese. In retrospect, if I wasn't eating it for lunch it would have gone incredibly well with a glass. Now I know what I'll make if I'm having people over for wine, or just as a really classy appetizer to make before an italian or Mediterranean dinner.
Loved this so much, there is nothing I would change about the recipe.

No comments:
Post a Comment