I'm a Wash U undergraduate student who recently moved into my first apartment, and this blog is to document my adventures with cooking. I'm a flexitarian, which in my case means I have a mostly vegetarian diet, though occasionally I do eat poultry. So, nothing on this site will have sea food or red meat in it. I'll be posting mostly about my own cooking experiences, but also about other great food I eat in St. Louis.
Monday, March 31, 2014
Southwestern Quinoa
This was one of those times that I want to the fridge and said to myself, "what food do I have and what an I possibly make with it?" I ended up making this quinoa with a bunch of extra things. I had extra taco seasoning from my taco sweet potatoes, an extra can of beans, and an avocado that was about to turn if I didn't use it. So I made the rest of the quinoa I had mixed it with the taco seasoning. Chopped up the avocado, and a yellow mini capsicum I got at the Queens Street Markets, mixed those with the beans and then mixed that with quinoa and steamed spinach. Lastly I added so left over sour cream to give it some moisture and to add a cheesy flavor. Done! Southwest flavored quinoa. It was yummy hot and cold. Though, the avocados were the ingredient that stood out. Next time I might try making avocado creme with the sour cream and avocado instead of adding them separately, but this was a really nice dish for something thrown together with no forethought.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment