Saturday, March 15, 2014

Greek Style Quinoa


After the success of my greek style salad last week, I decided to make the same thing but with 3 changes. Change number one: I added quinoa! I love quinoa and I was happy to be able to add it to this salad to make it more filling and more protein filled. Change number 2: spinach. When making quinoa it's easy to steam spinach in the last step, so I did so and added it. Change number 3: I substituted zucchini for cucumbers. I did this because zucchini taste better with warm things that cucumbers do! Love, love, loved it! I also added pesto to the mix because quinoa always needs some type of liquidy thing added so it doesn't dry out. The pesto was perfect and made it smell amazing!!! Every time I make quinoa I rave about the experience. I love being able to have a go to dish that I can do millions of different ways and enjoy each time!

No comments:

Post a Comment